After all of the injuries and back-outs, lineups for the 2011 MLB All-Star game are finally set.
Rangers’ manager Ron Washington laid out the batting order for the American League.
- Curtis Granderson – CF – New York Yankees
- Asdrubal Cabrera – SS – Cleveland Indians
- Adrian Gonzalez – 1B – Boston Red Sox
- Jose Bautista – RF – Toronto Blue Jays
- Josh Hamilton – LF – Texas Rangers
- Adrian Beltre – 3B – Texas Rangers
- David Ortiz – DH – Boston Red Sox
- Robinson Cano – 2B – New York Yankees
- Alex Avila – C – Detroit Tigers
The National League lineup was put into place by Giants’ skipper Bruce Bochy.
- Rickie Weeks – 2B – Milwaukee Brewers
- Carlos Beltran – DH – New York Mets
- Matt Kemp – CF – LA Dodgers
- Prince Fielder – 1B – Milwaukee Brewers
- Brian McCann – C – Atlanta Braves
- Lance Berkman – RF – St. Louis Cardinals
- Matt Holliday – LF – St. Louis Cardinals
- Troy Tulowitzki – SS – Colorado Rockies
- Scott Rolen – 3B – Cincinnati Reds
To see just how ridiculous these lineups are, you have to look no farther than the eight-holes of each. For the AL you have Cano and his 41 extra base hits and then over in the NL you have the 17 home runs and 57 RBIs of Tulowitzki.
The lineups overall look pretty even. No pitchers in their right mind would want to face either heart of these orders, what with the American League’s 3-4-5 of Gonzalez, Bautista and Hamilton and then the National League’s trio of Kemp, Fielder and McCann.
Taking the hill for the AL will be 11 game winner Jered Weaver. The Angels’ ace leads the league in ERA (1.86) and is second with a WHIP of 0.91. The NL will be represented by Roy Halladay. Doc is 4th in the league with 138 strike outs and 143.1 innings pitched and has the second most complete games (6) in the bigs. His ERA (2.45) and WHIP (1.02) aren’t too shabby either.
Tags: Adrian Beltre Adrian Gonzalez Alex Avila Asdrubal Cabrera Atlanta Braves Boston Red Sox Brian McCann Carlos Beltran Cincinnati Reds Cleveland Indians Curtis Granderson David Ortiz Detroit Tigers Jered Weaver Jose Bautista Jost Hamilton LA Angels Lance Berkman Matt Holliday Matt Kemp Milwaukee Brewers New York Mets New York Yankees Philadelphia Phillies Prince Fielder Rickie Weeks Robinson Cano Roy Halladay Scott Rolen St Louis Cardinals Texas Rangers Toronto Blue Jays Troy Tulowitzki