Starting today (like, right now!), CTTP will have the privilege of awarding a FREE DVD set to five of its lucky readers.
Thanks to the fine folks at A+E Networks Home Entertainment, MLB has launched a digital download sale on nearly 100 great programs from Major League Baseball. Some of the league’s best TV programming, special documentaries and features, as well as the annual crowning achievement: the Official World Series Film (1943 to the present day) are readily available!
Allowing fans to watch everything from their favorite teams and players to some of the greatest moments in Major League Baseball history anywhere a smartphone or tablet can go, MLB’s digital downloads have never been easier to attain! Until April 15, simply visit www.iTunes.com/MLB to purchase any of the specially-priced programs, including:
- 100 Years of Wrigley Field
- All-Time Bloopers
- Angels Memories
- Astros Memories: The Greatest Moments in Astros Baseball History
- Baseball Seasons: 2004
- Bloopers: Baseball’s Best Blunders
- Bryce Begins
- Detroit Tigers: Hometown Heroics
- Fenway Park Centennial – 100 Years as the Heart of Red Sox Nation
- Game 162
- Letters from Jackie: The Private Thoughts of Jackie Robinson
- Major League Baseball Official World Series Films, 1943-2013
- Major League Baseball’s All-Century Team
- MLB 25: Greatest Postseason Home Runs
- New York Mets: 50 Greatest Players
- Pride and Perseverance: The Story of the Negro Leagues
- Prime 9 Vol. 1 (TV Episodes 9 x .5 hr)
- Sudden Death Baseball
- Superstars: Impact Players
- Superstars: World Powers
- The Best of the Home Run Derby
- This Week in Baseball, Season. 1 (TV Episodes 17 x .5 hr)
- World Series: History of the Fall Classic
In conjunction with this special event, over the next five days, CTTP will be giving away one DVD set per day. Winners will have the following list in which to select their prize (click on item for details, you will be directed to a separate site.)
- 1975 Cincinnati Reds World Series DVD Set
- 2001 Arizona Diamondbacks World Series DVD Set
- Baseball’s Greatest Games: Derek Jeter 3000th Hit DVD
- Fall Classic at Fenway Park DVD
- Houston Astros 50th Anniversary DVD Set
- 1991 Minnesota Twins World Series DVD Set
- MLB Bloopers: Deluxe Doubleheader DVD
- MLB Heroics Prime 9 DVD
- 2010 San Francisco Giants World Series DVD Set
- Essential Games of The Texas Rangers DVD Set
- Yankeeography: The Core 4 DVD Set
- St. Louis Cardinals Baseball’s Greatest Games: 2011 World Series, Game 6 DVD/Blu-ray Combo
As sets are claimed, they will be crossed off the list that is directly above. If there’s a specific title you have in mind, better make sure you enter each and every day! Once a title has been claimed, it’s gone!
Today and Friday, April 11: THIS POST!!! Using the comments section below, describe (in as many or as few words as possible) your favorite moment while attending a MLB game. Note: Deadline for entries for this particular contest will be 10:00 PM ET on April 11.
Saturday, April 12: Facebook – A new post will be created specifically for this contest. The post will hit our Facebook page at 8 AM ET. Using the comments, tell us your favorite MLB player and why. At 10 PM ET, entries will be closed and a winner will be chosen. Notification will come a separate post announcing the winner, so be sure you check in with us! Note: Only comments to this specific post will be accepted.
Sunday, April 13: Twitter – tweet us using the hashtag #CTTPDVD and tell us your favorite MLB mascot. At 8 AM ET, a separate tweet from the CTTP account will announce the beginning of the contest. Deadline for entries on this day will be 10 PM ET.
Monday, April 14: Facebook – Same as April 11th. A new post will be created specifically for this contest, but a different response will be needed. The post will hit our Facebook page at 8 AM ET. Using the comments, but this time, tell us the one MLB stadium that you have yet to visit, but would love to see a game there. At 10 PM ET, entries will be closed and a winner will be chosen. Notification will come from a separate Facebook post, so be on the lookout! Note: Again, only comments to this specific post will be deemed as an entry.
Tuesday, April 15: Twitter – same rules as April 12 with one little difference. Once again, tweet us using the hashtag #CTTPDVD, but this time tell us your favorite MLB player. At 8 AM ET, a separate tweet from the CTTP account will announce the beginning of the contest. Deadline for entries on this day will be 10 PM ET.
For both days of the Facebook contest, we’ll repeat what will need to be included with your comment. Same for the Twitter contests as well. Don’t worry. You’ll be notified when a contest is starting.
Now with this DVD contest, there has to be rules…
- one entry per person per day
- winners must provide us with a contact email address and home mailing address so that we can make sure you receive your DVD set. CTTP will not contact you for any other reason except to send you an email stating your prize is on its way.
- all those associated with FanSided (staff writers, editors, etc.) are not eligible (sorry, folks!).
- certain contest have specific criteria: For the Facebook contest, you must like CTTP’s page to be eligible. With the Twitter contest, the winner must follow CTTP on Twitter.
- winners will have a 24-hour window in which to claim his/her prize. If no notification is received from the winner within those 24 hours, another winner will be selected.
Good luck to all our readers!