MLB’s All Star Futures Games has become one of the biggest highlights of the annual All Star weekend, as it’s a first opportunity for many fans to see some of the brightest stars coming up in the game today. This year’s game figures to be no different, as an incredible collection of talent has been assembled to round out the rosters for the US and World teams.
With the festivities taking place at Minnesota’s Target Field, a pair of Twins greats will also have direct involvement in the game. Tom Kelly will manage the US team. Bert Blyleven will lead the World.
World Team lineup:
- Dalton Pompey, CF, Toronto Blue Jays
- Francisco Lindor, SS, Cleveland Indians
- Jose Peraza, 2B, Atlanta Braves
- Kennys Vargas, 1B, Minnesota Twins
- Steven Moya, LF, Detroit Tigers
- Dariel Alvarez, RF, Baltimore Orioles
- Gabby Guerrero, DH, Seattle Mariners
- Renato Nunez, 3B, Oakland Athletics
- Jorge Alfaro, C, Texas Rangers
US Team lineup:
- Michael Taylor, CF, Washington Nationals
- Sean Coyle, 2B, Boston Red Sox
- Corey Seager, SS, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Kris Bryant, 3B, Chicago Cubs
- Joey Gallo, DH, Texas Rangers
- D.J. Peterson, 1B, Seattle Mariners
- Jesse Winker, LF, Cincinnati Reds
- Hunter Renfroe, RF, San Diego Padres
- Kevin Plawecki, C, New York Mets
The game will be nationally televised on MLB Network beginning at 5:00 PM EST. Matt Vasgersian, Sean Casey, and Heidi Watney will be doing the broadcast, with MLB.com’s Jonathan Mayo in the mix providing plenty of insight into the many prospects who will be participating.
You’ll also be able to follow the game online at MLB.com or listen on MLB Network Radio.