Mandatory Credit: Peter G. Aiken-USA TODAY Sports
If there’s one thing this postseason has shown us, it’s that you need a strong bullpen. The Royals didn’t have a single starter go six innings in the ALCS, but the won every game. It is no coincidence that the two bullpens with the best postseason ERAs will square off in the fall classic.
More from MLB Rumors
- MLB rumors: Which general manager jobs could be in jeopardy in 2023?
- MLB rumors: Toronto Blue Jays, San Diego Padres, New York Mets
- MLB rumors: San Diego Padres and New York Mets already thinking 2024 and beyond?
- MLB rumors tracker: The latest rumors on MLB trade deadline day (August 1)
- MLB rumors: Philadelphia Phillies, Toronto Blue Jays, Seattle Mariners, Baltimore Orioles, Detroit Tigers
With free agency now on the horizon dispatched playoff teams like the Tigers, Dodgers and Cardinals, who all had postseason bullpen meltdowns, will be among the teams voraciously attacking the bullpen market.
And teams like the Tigers and Dodgers where money is rarely an issue, the top guys will be getting pay days they could only dream about. Here are the top five bullpen arms in this year’s free agent class.