There was some movement in the latest MLB Power Rankings, but the Atlanta Braves remain on top. The Los Angeles Dodgers moved up one spot to second after going 21-5 so far in August and winning two out of three over the weekend in Mookie Betts’ return to Fenway Park against the Boston Red Sox, while the Baltimore Orioles dropped to third. The Seattle Mariners move up two spots to fourth and are making their first appearance in the top 5 of the season.
Baltimore received some bad news when they had to place closer Felix Bautista on the injured list with an arm injury. It’s a big blow to arguably the American League’s top team and questions remain about whether or not they will get him back after his stint on the IL.
The middle of the rankings did not see much movement, while the New York Yankees continue to slide down the bottom half of the rankings after losing four out of six against the Washington Nationals and Tampa Bay Rays.
Without further ado, here are the final MLB power rankings for the month of August.
- Atlanta Braves (last week: 1)
- Los Angeles Dodgers (last week: 3)
- Baltimore Orioles (last week: 2)
- Seattle Mariners (last week: 6)
- Texas Rangers (last week 4)
- Tampa Bay Rays (last week: 5)
- Philadelphia Phillies (last week: 7)
- Houston Astros (last week 8)
- Chicago Cubs (last week: 9)
- Milwaukee Brewers (last week: 10)
- San Francisco Giants (last week: 11)
- Minnesota Twins (last week: 12)
- Boston Red Sox (last week: 13)
- Miami Marlins (last week: 15)
- Toronto Blue Jays (last week: 14)
- Cincinnati Reds (last week: 16)
- Arizona Diamondbacks (last week: 17)
- Cleveland Guardians (last week: 19)
- San Diego Padres (last week: 18)
- Los Angeles Angels (last week: 20)
- New York Mets (last week: 23)
- New York Yankees (last week: 21)
- Pittsburgh Pirates (last week: 22)
- Detroit Tigers (last week: 24)
- St. Louis Cardinals (last week: 25)
- Washington Nationals (last week: 26)
- Chicago White Sox (last week: 27)
- Colorado Rockies (last week: 28)
- Kansas City Royals (last week: 29)
- Oakland Athletics (last week: 30)
The Dodgers are closing the gap a little on the Braves with still a month to go in the regular season. Bautista’s injury is something worth keeping an eye on as, if they are unable to get him back for the postseason, that changes things come October.