The 2023 regular season is over and the best month of baseball is upon us with the playoffs beginning Tuesday with the four wild-card round series. Getting a bye into the Divisional Round are the Atlanta Braves, Los Angeles Dodgers, Baltimore Orioles, and Houston Astros.
Atlanta is the favorite to win the World Series, but there are 11 other teams that won’t make it easy. For most of the season, the Braves have been on top of the Call to the Pen rankings and rightfully so. The Dodgers, Orioles, and Rays have been their closest competitors in terms of unseating them from the top, but Atlanta was just too good and consistent to consider moving them from the top line.
Some teams in the bottom third of the final rankings are going to face fascinating offseasons in terms of what the roster, coaching staff, and front office will look like entering 2024. For the first time in 30 seasons, the Boston Red Sox, St. Louis Cardinals, or New York Yankees will not be part of October baseball.
With the postseason set to go, here is the final regular season MLB Power Rankings for the 2023 regular season.
- Atlanta Braves (last week 1)
- Los Angeles Dodgers (last week 2)
- Baltimore Orioles (last week 3)
- Tampa Bay Rays (last week 4)
- Milwaukee Brewers (last week 5)
- Philadelphia Phillies (last week 7)
- Texas Rangers (last week 6)
- Toronto Blue Jays (last week 10)
- Houston Astros (last week 8)
- Seattle Mariners (last week 9)
- Minnesota Twins (last week 12)
- Arizona Diamondbacks (last week 13)
- Miami Marlins (last week 16)
- San Diego Padres (last week 14)
- Chicago Cubs (last week 11)
- Cincinnati Reds (last week 15)
- New York Yankees (last week 17)
- Cleveland Guardians (last week 19)
- San Francisco Giants (last week 18)
- Detroit Tigers (last week 20)
- Los Angeles Angles (last week 22)
- New York Mets (last week 21)
- Boston Red Sox (last week 23)
- Pittsburgh Pirates (last week 24)
- St. Louis Cardinals (last week 25)
- Washington Nationals (last week 26)
- Chicago White Sox (last week 27)
- Colorado Rockies (last week 28)
- Kansas City Royals (last week 29)
- Oakland Athletics (last week 30)
The postseason is finally here and the fun begins to win the World Series. The Braves are the favorites going in, but anything can happen. Buckle up.