Despite not having a salary cap, MLB has seemed to have more parity than the other professional sports leagues, especially lately. That means a lot of playoff turnover from year to year. While there are established teams from last year that will likely reach the playoffs again in 2016, there are some 2015 playoff teams that are vulnerable this season.
More from MLB News
- MLB Power Rankings: Atlanta Braves still on top with major shifting below them
- Caesars MLB Promo Code: Two Shots at Picking the World Series Winner!
- MLB Power Rankings: Atlanta Braves still on top amid a big shake-up in top 10
- DraftKings MLB Promo: Bet $5 on an Anytime Home Run, Win $150 Bonus GUARANTEED
- MLB Power Rankings: After MLB trade deadline, gap is closing on Atlanta Braves
With several teams missing out on the playoffs last year getting better over the offseason, expect to see some new teams playing this Fall. Based on what they were able to do this offseason and what teams in their leagues and divisions did, these five teams are the most likely to reach the playoffs after missing out a season ago.
Next: 5. Arizona Diamondbacks